A musical journey through the nine films of the main saga (Episodes I to IX) performed by the Navarra Symphony Orchestra led by composer Vanessa Garde’s baton
The Orquesta Sinfónica de Navarra conducted by Vanessa Garde, and the Orfeón Pamplonés choir led by Igor Ijurra performed last night at the Baluarte Auditorium in Pamplona, Spain, an exceptional concert dedicated to the music of the Star Wars saga.
To celebrate composer John Williams 90th anniversary, the concert´s thorough program covered most of the iconic themes from the nine Star Wars films that were written over the last forty years.
Find below the concert program.
- Alfred Newman (1900-1970) – 20th Century Fox Fanfare (with CinemaScope Extension) (1954)
- John Williams (1932) – Star Wars: Main Title
- Episode I: The Phantom Menace (George Lucas, 1999)
- Anakin’s Theme
- Duel of the Fates (*)
- Episode II: Attack of the Clones (George Lucas, 2002)
- Across the Stars
- Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (George Lucas, 2005)
- Lament (*) (**)
- Battle of the Heroes (*)
- The Death of Padmé (*) (**)
- Episode IV: A New Hope (George Lucas, 1977)
- Princess Leia’s Theme
- Here They Come!
- Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Irvin Kershner, 1980)
- Yoda’s Theme
- Han Solo and the Princess
- The Imperial March (Darth Vader’s Theme)
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (Richard Marquand, 1983)
- Luke and Leia
- The Forest Battle
- Episode VII: The Force Awakens (J.J. Abrams, 2015)
- Rey’s Theme
- March of the Resistance
- The Jedi Steps
- Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, 2017)
- The Rebellion is Reborn
- Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, 2019)
- Farewell (*) (**)
- Star Wars: The Throne Room and End Title
(*) Featuring the Orfeón Pamplonés
(**) Spanish premiere
Here’s a sneak peak of the 20th Century Fox Fanfare from the beginning of the concert.
If you want to see or find out some more about last night here are some pictures of the concert and some press related articles below.